“Peace is like silence; it is always there. The lack of harmony in our lives is like noise superimposed on the silence. The issue is not how to create peace, but how to live in a way that eliminates the noise.” -Dr. Gabriel Cousens
Hello dear ones!
About 20 years ago my advice on healthy practices for an evolving holistic lifestyle would have been some of these basic tenants (they still hold true today):
- Sleep well and take enough time for your body to regenerate, about 8 hours.
- Read a book before going to sleep to help you relax.
- Limit TV watching or eliminate completely.
- Acknowledge the people in your everyday life, smile.
- Spend time in nature.
- Say thank you while looking into the person’s eyes.
- Choose a positive Mantra to repeat during your daily activities.
Today my list has expanded to:
- Stop reading emails at least 1 hour or 2 before going sleep.
- Take a good vitamin B12 complex.
- Dance, walk or move your body everyday.
- Meditate everyday.
- Give to charity when you can.
- Learn how to do different techniques of breath work.
- Have a best friend.
- Turn off your computer and router/wireless signal every night before you go to sleep.
- Turn off your cell phone before you go to sleep.
- Use an EMF protector for your cell phone.
- Use corded phones as much as you can, especially in your home.
- Drink pure, active spring water.
- Go to the ocean or make yourself a salt bath.
- Place your computer at eye level so you don’t work hunched over it.
- Buy your self a body roller and use it every day to massage your whole body and stretch your back.
- If you have mercury in the fillings in your mouth have it holistically removed.
- Have a non-toxic pest control, if needed.
- Use non-toxic and environmentally safe products in your home.
This is some of the key advice to keep in mind and start moving at a pace that suits you. The difference can be subtle at times, but dramatic at others so be kind to yourself. The benefit will be your health and the health of the world!
Love, Peace & Vegetables!